Ultra Light-Weight Cable
- Up to 48 fibres
- Super lightweight and durable design based on unique miniature loose tubes
- For aerial installation or duct installations
- Bend resistant G657A1 fibres
- Dry design with longitudinal water tightness
- Suitable for use with a minimum vertical separating distance of 1.8m from 11kv
- Controlled tensile breaking force for maximum security, less than 2000N
- 7mm cable diameter
The Hexatronic Ultra-lightweight cable range is designed for aerial installations for fibre access networks. As a secondary application, the cables can also be installed underground in ducts. The cables are designed to fulfil all requirements to be installed in the British Telecom overhead and underground environments.
The cables are of a loose tube design with bend resistant G657A1 fibres organised in 4 or 12 fibre miniature loose tubes depending on cable fibre count. This design gives an excellent bend performance and an extremely wide operational temperature range. The unique miniature loose tubes also provide superior cable preparation and handling properties both for termination and midspan access scenarios. Water swellable elements are used to make the cable design longitudinally watertight. Two pairs with 3x0.32 mm brass coated steel wires are used as strength members. The design makes it possible to control the breaking force of the cable so that the cable will break only when a certain load is reached.
Ultra-Lightweight Aerial Cable Handling featuring the ASN Part 1
Ultra-Lightweight Aerial Cable Handling featuring the ASN Part 2